Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Companies that never learn – Part I

This is a small description of a huge mistake made by cell phone companies in India. Let the company be new or old, public or private, they all make this mistake.

What is the mistake?

Unwanted Sales Call and Sales SMS.

I have tried a variety of cell phone services, this was a small project of mine. I got Airtel, Aircel, BPL (Now Loop Mobile), MTNL, Idea and BSNL. Since i knew what i wanted, first day i got my cell phone, i turned send an SMS to the Do Not Disturb National Registry. So that should have told them that i do not want to be troubled.

Now i do not get any Sales calls. Which is a good thing. I wanted to try a routine here with sales call though. Any service i was offered, i plan to call these sales people to my office, let them waste a few good hours. I can live with that. My few minutes is worth their useless hours in time comparison.

Now regarding SMS, OMG, these companies just send one SMS after another. It has just got to stop. Again a side note, (Idea cellular service) only sent me one sms in a month, i would definitely recommend them. However Loop Mobile, Aircel, Airtel and MTNL, just stay away from them. I get SMS’s from them every few hours. How annoying is that for business people???

Just a huge corporate blunder is what i see here. No one will want their corporate employees to have a cell phone that constantly annoys them.

By, Vikram Jhaveri

No comments: